Managed WordPress hosting is your saviour when your site generates good traffic and outgrows shared hosting. Managed WordPress hosts provide the best and latest infrastructure like Google Cloud and technologies like Nginx, Redis, PHP7, and Object cache to make your sites load super-fast. They are a blessing for those who don’t have the time or technical knowledge to manage the server issues.
There are lots of companies offering managed WordPress hosting services confusing the users. In our previous articles, we have already discussed the things to consider while selecting a WordPress hosting provider. Now we will share our hand-picked choice of managed hosting providers.
An overview of the Managed WordPress Hosting providers
🔥 – Recommended
|Convesio 🔥||$50||5 GB storage, 10k visitors, 4 PHP workers, single website||Visit|
|Rocket.net 🔥||$30||10 GB storage, single website, free SSL||Visit|
|Strattic||$35||10 GB storage, 25k visits, 25 GB CDN bandwidth, single website||Visit|
|Kinsta 🔥||$30||10 GB storage, 25k visits, 50 GB CDN bandwidth, single website||Visit|
|WP Engine 🔥||$25||10 GB storage, 25k visits, 50 GB CDN bandwidth, single website (Exclusive: 3 Months free offer!)||Visit|
|Pagely||$199||30 GB storage, unlimited visits, 150 GB CDN, 5 websites||Visit|
|Pressidium||$21||5 GB storage, 10k unique visits, unlimited bandwidth, single website||Visit|
|Flywheel 🔥||$15||5 GB storage, 5k visits, 20 GB bandwidth, single website||Visit|
|presslabs||$99||5 GB storage, 150k pageviews, unlimited bandwidth, 1 site, extra amount for additional views||Visit|
|Liquid Web🔥||$19||15 GB storage, unlimited pageviews, 2TB bandwidth, 1 site||Visit|
|Cloudways 🔥||$10||25 GB storage, 1 TB bandwidth, unlimited websites, auto healing||Visit|
|Nestify 🔥||$9||10 GB SSD storage, unlimited visits, unlimited sites||Visit|
|Tap||Free||5 GB storage, 5k visits, unlimited Tap subdomain sites.||Visit|
|Closte||$12||Live website debugging, LiteSpeed Cache, Google’s Brotli compression||Visit|
|WPX Hosting🔥||$20.83||10 GB storage, 100 GB bandwidth, 5 websites||Visit|
|Nexcess 🔥||$15||15 GB storage, 2 TB bandwidth, unlimited Email accounts, 1 website||Visit|
|WordPress.com||Free||3 GB storage, pre-installed SSL certificate||Visit|
|Wordify||Free||2GB storage, 10GB bandwidth, unlimited development sites||Visit|
Convesio was literally the Gamechanger in the world of managed WordPress hosting. Founded in 2018 by Tom Fanelli, it is the first self-healing, autoscaling, platform-as-a-service for creating and managing WordPress websites. Its infrastructure was tailor-made for WordPress sites giving it an advantage over other hosting providers. It uses the latest Docker Container Technology and is truly a next-generation WordPress platform you can blindly trust your sites with.
- High availability with load-balanced containers to distribute traffic.
- Auto-scaling ability to deploy multiple containers to handle the traffic.
- Self-healing capacity to re-deploy containers when a site goes offline.
- Easy to restore Git-syle version backups
- WordPress specific security monitoring.
- Custom made caching layer in the load balancer for fast caching without plugins.
- Constant application monitoring
- Clustered database.
- 24/7 Expert support via slack
- Database access with phpMyAdmin
It has an extremely competitive pricing policy starting at just $15 per site/month. Those with high traffic sites can opt for a $25/month plan and those with more intensive websites like eCommerce shops can opt for a $50/month plan.
If you have multiple WordPress sites to host on Convesio, use the pricing calculator.
- The pricing is a bit high.
Rocket.net is a simple, fast, & secure Managed WordPress hosting built for WordPress websites of all sizes. With their simple philosophy of Always On By Default, they bundle Cloudflare Enterprise with every WordPress site, fully optimized & secured. Packed with an easier control panel, built-in security, and cutting-edge WordPress optimization, Rocket.net will also give your website an instant performance boost. If you are looking for a premium service, ease of use, and great customer support, then Rocket.net can be a perfect pick for your business.
- Rocket.net gives you instant speed without plugins or advanced WordPress configurations.
- Effortless setup
- Provides daily backups as well as on-demand backups
- Provides its users with round-the-clock customer service.
- offers many features that will boost the security of your site, including an always-on website firewall called a WAF.
Rocket.net offers 4 hosting plans – starter, pro, business, and agency. All these plans come with free SSL, CDN, and WAF. The starter plan costs $30/month and gives you one WordPress site, 250,000 Visits, and 10GB storage. Pro plan ($60/month) offers 3 WordPress installs, 1000,000 visits, and 20 GB storage. The Business plan($100/month) makes you grow with more installs, visitors, and storage. It provides 10 WordPress installs, 2,500,000 Visits, and 40 GB storage. The agency plan ($200/month) helps to manage multiple clients with ample resources. It provides 50 WordPress installs, 5,000,000 visits and 50GB storage.
- Its price seems high.
- You can’t make use of a free trial with Rocket, although they do offer a 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied.
- No email service.
- It’s not for control freaks. If you’re the type that wants the ability to tweak 500+ settings for a properly configured CDN & WAF, Rocket.net is not for you.
Strattic is a serverless WordPress host that enables you to convert your WordPress site to static in one click. You can create a lightweight version of your site with its global network of CDNs and serverless technology. All your website users, irrespective of their location will be able to experience blazing fast loading speed as they are served the content from the location that is closest to their location.
- Offers the highest level of security for there is no database to hack
- Removes vulnerabilities such as SQL injections (SQLi), and Cross-site Scripting (XSS).
- Near infinite scaling ability.
- CDNs across the world.
- Serverless architecture.
- Free SSL certificate and HTTP/2 support.
Prices start from $35/month for one website and $85/month for 2 websites. It includes a 30-day free trial. If you are not impressed by the two plans, you can approach them for custom-made plans.
Some traditional plugins may not work.
Kinsta’s hosting solutions are again focussed only on WordPress. They boast of having combined the world’s fastest network and platform Google Cloud with the most experienced WordPress developers in the industry. Their unique MyKinsta dashboard and custom cPanel are developed specifically for WordPress.
- Speed boosting architecture with Nginx, PHP 7.4, MariaDB technologies
- Daily backups and regular updates
- Free CDN for every plan.
- Automatic scaling.
- Free website migrations and hack fixes.
- Friendly staging and cloning environment.
- 24/7 live support from experts.
- High security with DDoS detection, uptime monitoring, and SSL support.
- Data centres across different continents so you can pick the location that’s best suited for you.
Kinsta presently offers 10 different plans starting from $30. They have different plans for Beginners, Businesses and Enterprises. The main difference between plans lies in the number of WordPress installations that can be managed per account and the number of PHP workers assigned to your site.
- The base plan of $30/month allows only 25k visitors making it slightly expensive compared to other service providers.
- The payment options are slightly limited with no facility for PayPal, ACH, or cheques. Only Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards are accepted. Wire transfers are available only for those with annual subscriptions.
- It does not provide email hosting.
5. WP Engine
WP Engine is another WordPress-specific web hosting provider offering managed plans. They entered the market in 2010 and is today one of the better-known names in the hosting arena. The entrepreneur Jason Cohen founded WP Engine when he sensed the untapped potential of WordPress hosting. They have entered into partnerships with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform and optimized it for WordPress.
- Access to Genesis Framework and 35+ StudioPress themes with every plan.
- CDN and SSL Certificate for all plans
- Stevie Award-Winning 24/7 Customer Support.
- EverCache proprietary caching technology to hike speed and scalability.
- Free and automated migration to WP Engine
- Highly flexible with multi-site capability
- High security with daily automated backups and threat detection
- Excellent disaster recovery system.
They have 6 plans – Startup, Growth, Scale, Premium, Premium1, Premium 1.5. You can also approach them for Custom Plans. Startup plan costs $30/month allowing 25k visits per month. If you opt for an annual subscription, you effectively get two months free. Their biggest plan Premium 1.5 can support up to 1.5 Million visits and host 115 websites.
- Does not provide domain registrations forcing users to seek other options for domain registrations
- Incompatible with some plugins
Pagely is not just another reliable WordPress hosting name in the market. They are the ones who introduced the concept of Managed WordPress Hosting. Teaming with Amazon Web Services, they assure top performance for your site.
- No charge or limit for page views/visitors irrespective of the plan.
- No cap on PHP workers irrespective of your plan.
- Each plan supports a large number of sites.
- Perfect for large businesses
- 24/7 expert support
- Built-in Varnish caching
- State-of-the-art security
- Dynamic Image Optimization
- Automated daily backups and real-time malware monitoring.
- Managed core/plugin updates
- More compatibility with plugins than any other service provider
They offer 5 plans – 2 Developer plans, 2 Performance plans and a Scale plan. Both Developer plans have customer support via tickets only whereas the other three plans have both ticket and chat support. Developer plans start from $199 and Scale plan from $2500. Developer plans support up to 15 websites and Performance plans up to 60 websites.
- More expensive compared to other hosts – performance plan starts from $199/month
Pressidium is another specialized managed WordPress hosting provider launched in 2014 with the aim of providing hassle-free WordPress solutions.
- Highly available and fully scalable architecture with maximum security and performance.
- Unlimited bandwidth for all plans
- One-click Instant Backups and Automated offsite backups
- Staging sites
- Expert 24/7 support by DevOps engineers
- Global Enterprise CDN powered by HTTP/2
- Five layered caching mechanism
- 60-day money-back guaranteed monthly plan
They provide 4 plans – Personal, Professional, Business and Business Plus. You can choose any plan depending on the traffic of your websites since they provide unlimited bandwidth for all plans. The smallest plan Micro allows 10k unique visits per month for one website and the Business Plus plan up to 1 million unique visits per month for 50 websites.
- It charges users based on the number of visits
- It does not provide email hosting services.
Flywheel started in 2012 with a simple mission: to improve the lives of the millions of web designers and developers worldwide that build sites on WordPress. It is one of the WordPress-specialized service providers that became famous very quickly.
- User friendly with an easy-to-use interface
- Free migrations, free SSL, free demo sites, free malware cleanup
- 99.9% uptime
- A custom control panel
- Flexible Environment Options
- 27/7 Expert support
- Data centres around the world
- Built-in caching and automatic backups.
- Free SSL for all plans.
- No overage charges.
It has four plans starting from $13 – competitive compared to some pricey hosting providers. If you are not happy with these plans, you can contact them and get customized packages for supporting more than 30 websites. Tiny plan is ideal for small simple websites with traffic up to 5k/month. Agency plan supports up to 30 powerful websites with traffic up to 400k/month.
- It charges users based on the number of visits
- Phone support available only for Agency and Custom plans.
Presslabs is an award-winning Cloud-Native WordPress Hosting provider dedicated to agencies and publishers having website networks and web development clients. They aim to bring hospitality to WordPress hosting and democratize the WordPress infrastructure. Presslabs Dashboard boasts of being the first cloud-native Kubernetes-based platform to manage and scale WordPress.
- Claims zero hacks since inception
- WordPress Intelligence Oriented Dashboard built with ReactJS Technology
- Git-driven environment for development.
- 24/7 expert support including email and phone support.
- Staging Environments
- Free Developer plan
- Unlimited Bandwidth for all plans
- Incremental backups every 15 minutes and stored up to 1 month
- Can handle up to 1 Billion monthly pageviews
It provides free developer plans and three paid plans for Publishers. The publisher plans are Start, Plus and Pro costing $99, $299 and $599 respectively per website. All plans include an unlimited number of development accounts and free migration. For every plan, you have to pay an extra amount if you exceed the bundled pageview limit allowed.
- Highly expensive and even after paying $599, users must pay extra for additional pageviews.
10. Liquid Web
Liquid Web has been in the market since 1997, but it was only in 2015 that they started managed WordPress hosting services for agencies and online professionals with multiple websites. LiquidWeb has also started a managed WooCommerce hosting service targeting small business owners.
- Full server access to users
- No limits on page views or traffic
- 24/7 “heroic” support by email, phone and chat
- Access to SSH, Git, and WP-CLI
- Automatic daily backups and offsite storage for 30 days
- Customized control panel called Sync Pro
- Automatic image compression
- Free automatic SSL Certificates
- Multiple site management tools
- 14 days of free trial
- 2 months of free service if you opt for an annual subscription.
- Unlimited email accounts for all plans
Liquid Web offers 6 packages starting from $19/month. Spark offers 15 GB disk space and 2TP bandwidth for 1 website. Maker plan supports up to 5 websites, Builder 25 websites, Produce 50 websites, Executive 100 websites and Enterprise up to 250 websites. There are no extra charges if you exceed monthly bandwidth allotment.
- No free ad credits
Cloudways is another cloud hosting provider in the market. Unlike other service providers, Cloudways allow users to choose from five platforms – Amazon, DigitalOcean, Google Cloud, Vultr and Linode. It is also WooCommerce ready.
- Performance boosted by in-house cache plugin Breeze, CloudwaysCDN, SSD Hosting and built-in cache mechanism with Varnish, Memcached and Redis
- Intuitive control panel
- 3 days of free trial
- Two-factor authentication, dedicated firewalls, application isolation and SSL certificates for security
- Option to choose infrastructure, app, and server.
- Pay only for the server resources utilized
- Pre-installed Git for every hosting account
- Host unlimited applications on every plan
- 24/7 Support by Cloud professional
The users are spoiled for choice here. You can choose any of the five platforms and opt for a monthly or hourly billing scheme. There are four plans for each platform. Digital Ocean hosting plans cost $10 onwards, Linode plans from $12, AWS from $36.51, and Google Cloud from $33.30.
- Does not provide domain registration option
- Extra costs for email service
Nestify is another managed WordPress hosting provider, founded in 2014, to meet the internal hosting and scalability needs of the company. Besides WordPress Hosting, the company provides Managed WooCommerce Hosting, Hosting for Agencies, and Custom Solutions. They assure lightning-fast speed and 99.99% uptime guarantee for every site that they host.
- Nestify’s infrastructure is powered by Nginx, MariaDB, and Redis for maximum performance.
- Compatible with all plugins, themes and features.
- Fast and Scalable Architecture
- Free service if your site is hacked
- 24/7 support provided by a single-tier support division
- Separate daily backups for live and staging environments and free on-demand backups
- Free and unlimited migrations
- Multi-layered security
- Allows unlimited visitors and unlimited websites for all plans
- 7 Days free trial and 60 days money-back guarantee.
Nestify currently offers 9 plans. WP-VP-1 to 5 is for users with smaller requirements and the n-series plans are for those with larger needs. The n-series plans are designed for e-commerce and make available auto-scaling and auto-healing. Except for WP-VPS-1 plan which offers only 1 CPU and 2 GB RAM, all other plans include 8 CPUs and 32 GB RAM.
- Does not provide Custom SSL certificates for the WP-VPS-1 and WP-VPS-2 plans.
Tap is one of the unappreciated players in the world of Managed WordPress Hosting. Started in 2014, it labels itself as a “loveable” WordPress hosting provider and provides all features and benefits expected from a managed host without the associated cost. A very sensible option for those with good technical knowledge.
- Low cost
- Powered by Google Cloud with NGINX caching.
- Free and automatic SSL with Let’s Encrypt.
- Daily backups
- Free migration
- Unrestricted plugin use
There are two plans – Tap Sites and Pro Sites. Tap Sites plan is free for 30 days and suitable for websites with around 5k traffic. Support is from Monday to Friday from 10 am to 4 pm GMT. Pro Sites plan costs £12/month. It assures support from Monday to Friday from 6 am to 8 pm. It is good for those sites with around 25k traffic.
- Support only available on weekdays.
Also read: The Top Ways to Make a Living with WordPress
Closte is another managed WordPress cloud hosting provider powered by Google Cloud and LiteSpeed. It is developed from a developer perspective for developers. Breathtaking speed is this hosting provider’s USP. It is specially crafted for WordPress.
- LiteSpeed Cache; the fastest WordPress caching plugin
- World’s fastest content delivery with Google Cloud CDN
- Google’s Brotli compression for lower data usage
- Distributed cache for uniform speed anywhere
- Google’s QUIC for reducing connection time
- Built-in performance backed by Google and Litespeed.
- Live website debugging
- DDoS, malware detection, and web application firewall for better security.
Closte uses the pay-as-you-go pricing model. The amount that the users have to pay is based on parameters like CPU, Bandwidth, memory, HTTP requests, sent email etc.
- Support provided only through tickets and email.
- Impossible to predict costs due to the pay-as-you-use model.
15. WPX Hosting
Traffic Planet Hosting was founded in 2013. Later in 2016, it was renamed WPX Hosting and provides reliable managed WordPress hosting. It is a good option for those whose focus is on speed and load times.
- Superfast loading time
- WPX Cloud – custom-build CDN to improve security and handle traffic
- Automatic daily backups and storage for 28 days
- 24/7 support via live chat and tickets
- Free and unlimited site migration
- Free malware removal in case your site is hacked
- Provides access to email accounts
- Unlimited free SSL certificates
- Custom-built user admin panel
It has three plans – Business, Professional and Elite. The business plan costs $20.83/month for hosting 5 websites, 10 GB storage, and 100 GB Bandwidth. The professional plan provides hosting for 15 websites, 20 GB storage, and 200 GB Bandwidth for $41.58/month. Elite plan costing $83.25/month hosts 35 websites, 40GB storage and infinite Bandwidth.
- It is slightly expensive.
- No telephone support.
Nexcess provides managed hosting services for WordPress, Magento and WooCommerce. They have two decades of experience in hosting and provides fast, friendly and futureproof solutions for dynamic websites.
- Automated WordPress core and plugin updates
- Unlimited email accounts
- Intuitive auto-scaling for traffic spikes
- Free migrations
- Daily backups
- 24/7 excellent technical support via chat, email and phone
- Lots of scalable server plans
- Server-side caching features
- Free SSL Certificates and iThemes Security Pro
Nexcess offers 7 WordPress hosting plans for you to choose from. They range from Spark (with 15 GB storage, 2 TB bandwidth and 1 website) to Enterprise (with 800 GB storage, 10 TB bandwidth and 250 websites).
- It is slightly expensive.
Also read: A Guide to WordPress Website Maintenance
Surprised to see WordPress.com in our list? Yes, WordPress.com is one of the main players in the managed WordPress hosting field today. If you want free or inexpensive hosting for your WordPress site, you can choose this provider. It has both free and paid plans. The free plan has some restrictions but their paid plans are among the best in the market. One of their biggest strengths lies in the quality of support they are able to provide for their users.
- Access to many plugins and themes or customization options with paid plans.
- Access to marketing and monetization tools like Google Analytics, SEO and VideoPress.
- Pre‑Installed SSL Certificate
- Support through community forums, email and live chat.
- Hassle-free updates, reliable hosting and spam protection
- WordPress.com subdomain or free domain for one year depending upon plans.
- Automatic updates and backups
- It’s free for up to 3GB of space.
There are five plans to choose from – one free plan and four paid plans. The free plan allows you to just start a basic blog under WordPress.com domain (yourwebsite.wordpress.com). You cannot use your own domain. Their Personal plan, starting from $5 allows you to use custom domain names, 6 GB storage and even offers you the domain name for free for the first year.
The Premium plan costing $8 provides 13 GB storage, access to Google Analytics, premium themes, advanced design tools, to monetize the site with ads. The $25 Business Plan enables custom plugins, themes, codes, SEO tools, live chat on all days and 2 free individual half-hour call sessions with support engineers.
The eCommerce plan at $45 targets small businesses. It provides premium WooCommerce extensions, payment support for over 60 countries and integrations with top shipping carriers. You also get a Storefront Powerpack extension to customize your site along with preinstalled Storefront child themes.
- Restriction of plugin uploads and theme modifications in free plans.
- Advertisements are displayed on the sites and only paid users have the option to remove them.
Wordify is a Managed WordPress Hosting solution built for designers and developers. They offer Unlimited Plans on AWS Servers located in the US, UK, and Australia. Wordify simplifies the journey for you and your customers by providing unmatched services with 24*7 support. It is a really good alternative to some of the more expensive managed WordPress hosting companies.
- Free SSL
- Provide free Wordify URLs so you can get started straight away.
- Automated WordPress Updates
- Daily Backups
Wordify offers a total of 8 pricing plans: four pricing plans for individuals and four pricing plans for digital agencies or people who need to manage a lot of websites. If you’re an individual or someone who needs to manage 1 or 2 WordPress websites, the plans are a free plan where you get unlimited development sites( also 2Gb storage and 10Gb bandwidth), a Small plan($7/mo), a Medium plan($15/mo), and large plan($38/mo).
If you’re a digital agency or someone who needs to manage lots of WordPress websites, they provide an unlimited plan($29/mo), unlimited medium plan($45/mo), unlimited large($99/mo), and also a custom plan.
Backend is a little slow
We hope we have given you a good idea about the various players in the managed WordPress hosting market. We have discussed the Managed WordPress Hosting in-depth in another article too. If you feel we have missed any important players, please let us know in the comments below.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we shared. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.