Are you looking for a reliable contact form plugin to include on your WordPress website? Using a contact form, customers can send in a quick email without wasting too much time, and the website with the form can field the message in a timely manner. Apart from that, contact forms also prevent spam and allow you to expand the way you interact with your customers. There is no email address to copy and paste if they don’t happen to use the default email application on their computer. And, they don’t have to search the contact page to find the email address in the first place. Therefore, no published email address means less chance of spam.
It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the thousands of WordPress form plugins in the repository. Since each plugin has its pros and cons, finding the right one for your needs can be difficult. In this article, we are going to list down 10 best WordPress form plugins on the market so you can create stunning WordPress forms that improve engagement, lower bounce rate, and increase conversions on your site.
Contact Form 7 is one of the most reliable, popular and oldest, free WordPress contact form plugins in the market. This minimalistic plugin has been around for over a decade and has more than 5 million active installs. You can create an unlimited number of forms, use several types of fields like date, URL, email, and text, while also including the email address of your choice to receive your messages from customers. You can also find several free and premium third-party add-ons that work great with this light-weight plugin.
However one major drawback of the plugin is that the user interface is not easy to use, and it requires you to know some basic HTML tags to create a contact form. Hence, it’s not a beginner friendly plugin. Also, it lacks a visual form builder.
- You have support for several unique fields such as a CAPTCHA, file submission, quizzes, acceptance, radio buttons, checkboxes, and drop-down menus.
- The docs, FAQs and support links are all placed right in the WordPress dashboard.
Also read: The Top WordPress Page Builders
Gravity Forms is a premium WordPress form builder plugin that provides a lot of advanced functionality and features. It helps you create more advanced types of forms as well as a simple contact form (though it can do that too). Gravity Forms comes with a clean interface with user-friendly tools that are still somewhat advanced for improving customer support websites. With the help of additional add-ons, Gravity Forms can be used to generate surveys, quizzes, user-submitted content, and even web directory.
The standard Gravity Forms support includes a full ticketing system, an FAQ page, knowledge base, language translations, and several other resources. The priority support is available only if you go with the most expensive plan ($259 per year,) so that would send you to the forefront.
- Conditional logic to show or hide form fields, sections, pages, or the submit button based on user selections
- Create user-generated content with front-end forms that create WordPress posts
- Spam filter and payment forms using PayPal or Stripe
3. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is a freemium contact form plugin for WordPress that is developed by WPNinja, a WordPress development team that has created several well-known plugins. Ninja Forms integrates your forms with some popular email marketing services and CRM tools such as Mailchimp, Zoho CRM, Aweber, Capsule CRM, and Campaign Monitor. Unlike other form builders in this list, you can create a wide range of forms using just the free version.
The core plugin is entirely free to use. You can enhance the functionalities of Ninja Forms by installing premium add-ons whenever needed. The plugin comes with hundreds of functions and hooks, allowing developers to enhance it with custom features easily. There is also a helpful community support option, as well as documentation, guides, and email support.
- Developer-friendly options for advanced users wanting a custom form
- Create web forms and add different fields for email address, date, phone number, and more
- Collect payments directly through your forms with the help of PayPal Express or one of the many other payment processors.
4. WP Forms
WPForms is the most beginner-friendly and the best contact form plugin for WordPress. This form creator has a beginner-friendly interface. All you have to do is just drag and drop the fields inside your form template. The free version comes with all the basic contact form features including basic form fields, captcha for spam protection, email notifications, and a thank-you page for form confirmation.
The premium version allows you to advance the functionality, so you can build different kinds of forms such as multi-page forms, email subscription forms, payment forms, order forms, and more. Every form you create will be fully mobile-friendly, meaning it will look great on any device. It also includes dozens of pre-built form templates that perfectly adapt to your workflow and save you more time.
- Surveys and polls functionality makes it easy to create and analyze user response right from your WordPress dashboard
- Create WordPress forms with AJAX so pages don’t reload on form submission
- Get an automatic email notification when people filled out your form and can easily view your form entries, to help automate sales workflows
- Gives you full control over user data.
5. Form Craft
FormCraft is a premium, powerful WordPress contact form plugin with far more beautiful designs than you get in any of the plugins talked about so far. It provides templates with gorgeous designs, along with dozens of add-ons for expanding how you work with your forms. It also offers special features like the built-in popup forms and math formulas. You can collect payments through PayPal Standard or Stripe, and the Zapier integration is sure to automate some of your processes.
- Some of the free add-ons include Mailster, MailChimp, MailPoet, reCAPTCHA, and Campaign Monitor.
- The drag and drop builder is one of the most powerful on this list.
eForm (Previously FSQM Pro) is a leading and flexible form builder that can be added to your WordPress site. This is a complete form management solution for quizzes, surveys, data collection, payment/cost estimation, and user feedback of all kinds. With the quick and easy drag-and-drop form builder, you can build unlimited forms and manage them from your admin dashboard. All submissions are stored in your eForm database, so you can view, track, analyze, and act on the data you have captured. A user portal also allows registered users to review and track their submissions.
- intuitive form builder—no coding required
- Survey and eCommerce system
- Login, registration, and guest blogging
Formidable Forms is a versatile drag and drop form builder with great performance options. It is a great choice if you are looking for a free or premium option for a contact form plugin. You can use Formidable drag and drop interface to create advanced forms like quizzes, surveys, payment forms, registration forms, profile forms, and more. It allows you to format, filter, and display user-submitted data on the front-end of your website. You can also use it to create form-focused solutions like directories, job board listings, rating systems, etc.
The free version of the plugin actually has quite a bit of functionality compared to other contact form plugins. But they also allow you to add more features with their premium version or add-ons. If you’re a professional WordPress developer and wanting to build complex forms, then you should try Formidable.
- Use features like conditional logic and spam protection to create advanced forms for your website
- Can be used to create GDPR compliant forms. You can either add a checkbox asking for the user’s consent, or you can stop saving IP addresses and form submissions.
- Can also use the powerful calculation fields to create complex calculations required for building different calculators on things like mortgage application forms, auto, loan,etc.
Also read: Best Gutenberg Block Plugins
weForms is a comparatively new free WordPress drag-and-drop contact form builder plugin developed by weDevs. It lets you build infinite forms and present them anywhere on your website. You can also preview the form before publishing it to see how it will appear to your users. The plugin does have a minimalistic design that’s supposed to make it fast and comes with predefined custom form templates to set the contact form quickly.
- Expiration feature to make a form invalid after a specific date.
- weForms also has other nifty integrations with Zapier, Trello, Google Sheets, and Slack
- Support for multi-step forms which have been shown to increase conversions.
All WordPress users will be familiar with the plugin JetPack. It comes with several amazing functionalities, including contact forms for WordPress. Contact forms are provided for free to all WordPress sites that use Jetpack. You can create multiple forms and display them at different parts of your website. It uses your general WordPress settings like email to send notifications once your users submitted the form. You can also set up a custom email to receive notifications. It has a drag-and-drop editor to add, edit, and reorder form fields. Other notable features include spam filtering service, dashboard notifications, etc.
- Receive an email notification for each response and also view them in your dashboard.
- If you are using JetPack’s spam filtering service, form submissions will be checked for spam.
- Enables you to add as many contact forms as needed.
10. Happy Forms
Last on our list is Happy Forms which is a simple and free contact form plugin. The plugin is completely built in the WordPress Customizer so that you don’t have to learn a new UI. It offers a drag and drop contact form builder and supports Gutenberg. You can include the forms to your pages, posts, template files, and widgets easily. It also allows you to add multiple forms on the same page.
Another great advantage of HappyForms is that it lets you create multi-column forms in one-click. You can define a custom message on form submission and also redirect users to any web page. HappyForms is super lightweight in terms of code and performance and is an apt choice for those just needing something fast and easy.
- It uses HoneyPot and Google ReCaptcha for spam filtration.
- Messages are copied into the WordPress admin dashboard along with a handy notification.
- You can easily drop forms anywhere in pages, posts, and even widget areas with a shortcode.
We hope this article helped you to find the best form builder plugin for WordPress. Now that we have looked at different form builder solutions for WordPress, it’s time to determine which one is the right fit for your needs. If you have any thoughts about these WordPress contact form plugins, let us know in the comments section below.