Online surveys and polls are a great way to interact with your target audience regarding their issues and feedback. It helps you to gather data to shape up your customer experience. Though there are many strategies you can use to dig for information, surveys are one of the most flexible and easiest tools available. Also, it is possibly the best way to gather the detailed thoughts and opinions of website users. In this article, we have collected some of the best WordPress survey plugins out there and everything about them.
Before you start installing and activating the plugins, you need to make sure that a survey is the right tool for your website. If you have confirmed that it is the right way to collect the information, it’s important to carefully craft your survey if you want to get the most out of your data collection efforts. As mentioned earlier, with surveys, we can talk directly to the customer, concerning their issues and feedback. If the questions are accurate, we will spot patterns and repeating suggestions that indicate it is time to update the product.
We could also be hearing positive feedback and suggestions about the features that users like to use the most. You could survey your customer base about upcoming changes, or perhaps give customers an opportunity to suggest products of their own. In short, the possibilities of a survey are endless.
Why use a Survey Plugin?
- Easy to use: The best thing about survey plugins is that many of them are very user-friendly.
- Engaging: Asking your users and visitors to participate in your survey is a great way to create a memorable experience with your brand.
- Instant feedback: A good survey plugin will give you the freedom to view your results instantly, in simple charts and graphs.
- Export data: Many survey plugins let you export your data, which makes it easy to save it, present it in a report, or discuss important findings with your team.
Now that you have a better idea of why you may want to use a WordPress survey plugin, let’s check out some survey tools.
CrowdSignal (Previously known as Polldaddy) is a popular WordPress plugin entirely dedicated to performing polls and surveys. It is a free plugin, but you will need a WordPress.com account to get the API key. The free version is bounded in terms of features and will also add their branding logo to your survey form. CrowdSignal is very user-friendly with a drag and drop tool to design your survey and polls. You can change the survey sharing settings, results sharing, and styling options for each survey you create. It also includes a captcha to block spam and some basic IP filtering to block multiple responses.
- Crowdsignal lets you ask a variety of questions including text, multiple-choice, and Likert scales.
- Once you have created your WordPress survey, you can easily place it on your website, email, or on your social media accounts to gather information.
Also read: Top 10 WordPress Search Plugins
Typeform is a survey platform that offers a drag-and-drop survey builder and tons of prebuilt templates so that you can create high-quality surveys that will excite the users. Typeform isn’t as easy to use as Google Forms. However, it is reasonably easy to create visually stunning surveys rather quickly. Typeform does offer a free plan but it’s only good for 100 survey responses per month. The free online quiz maker lets you select from a wide variety when it comes to forms and also white-label them. So if you want to get feedback from more than 100 people, you’ll have to upgrade.
- With Typeform, you can create questionnaires and deliver it to the user following a ‘one question at a time’ pattern.
- Simple dashboard showing visits, responses, completion rate, and average completion time.
- Customize the look of your Typeform, from button and text colour to GIFs and background images.
JotForm is a fully-featured online form builder that makes it easy to create hearty forms and collect important data. It delivers online email and website questionnaires. You can use the drag and drop feature of the tool to create personalized and appealing forms. If any issue (like internet dropout) hinders your workflow, Jot Form enables you to start right from where you left as your changes are saved on the go. You can design professional-looking forms and customize them with advanced styling options to match your branding.
You can embed the plugin to WordPress very easily. Users can use any three methods including the WordPress Embed Method which is basically pasting the HTML code that is generated automatically after the user creates their form to their WordPress website code. More details can be found on their user guide.
- Your online forms can be hosted using a custom URL on your company domain.
- Incorporate your company brand and customize the look and feel of your online forms.
- Control who has access to forms and submissions.
Also read: Top 10 WordPress Backup Solutions
WPForms is basically a contact form plugin, but it has a powerful surveys and polls addon which allows you to quickly create highly engaging survey forms. You can combine the addon with other powerful WPForms features like multi-page forms, conditional logic, email integration, custom notifications, etc. This tool is effortless to use, making sure even beginners get the most out of it quickly and comfortably.
The best part about WPForms surveys is the reporting section. It automatically creates beautiful reports with graphs and charts based on survey responses. Unlike other WordPress form plugins, WPForms allows you to enable survey reports for any of your existing forms as well.
- You can send an email to the person completing the poll or survey form to ensure that their entry has been received.
- The features of WPForms lets you include multiple fields to your forms for different functions. You can easily add survey fields like text fields, dropdown fields, checkbox lists, radio buttons, star ratings, and more.
5. Google Forms
Google form is a free form creation tool integrated into Google Drive. In other words, if you already have a Google account then you already have access to Google Forms. Google Forms is used in situations where you are required to launch a survey campaign because as a Forms tool, it can take care of any task where the user input would be concerned. Whether you are looking to gather a few answers about your product or create concise questions and answers forms, Google Forms is there to help you out. You can also share the quiz through various channels but on the downside, you may not be able to produce sophisticated questionnaires or surveys.
- Google Forms are intuitive with multiple question formats.
- Add images and YouTube videos, or get fancy with page branching and question skip logic.
Also read: The Best Caching Plugins for WordPress
SurveyMonkey is the leading and the most popular software for online surveys. It provides customer survey templates for multiple scenarios such as market research, education, customer satisfaction, events, and human resources. You can gather the information you need with these ready-to-use templates offered on the platform. Like others, SurveyMonkey also supports the idea of dividing your audience after the results have been counted since it offers so many ways of targeting a specific audience for specific offers. The basic version of SurveyMonkey is free, but comes with a lot of limitations and can damage a smooth survey-creating experience.
- Offers several charming templates, and lets you create your questionnaires in a few minutes.
- Automatically analyze your results and get powerful analysis features.
- Export your results or integrate your data with your favourite apps.
Quiz and Survey Master is a free WordPress plugin that allows you to create complex surveys and quizzes directly from the WordPress admin area. You can have great customization options, collect emails, add a countdown timer, and integrate with 3rd-party plugins, and more with just this tool.
Additionally, there are also many free and premium add-ons at your disposal to expand the functionality of the plugin with new features. If you want granular control over surveys and the ability to create impressive quizzes that are scored automatically, Quiz and Survey Master is your best bet.
- You can decide whether to use all the questions or only a few chosen questions at random. You can also set the number of questions per page or have all the questions on one page.
- Using our quiz builder plugin, you can customize the results page based on the user’s score.
- Auto-scheduling and time limit feature.
Also read: Best WordPress Job Listing Plugins
With surveygizmo, you can collect the best data, include it into your existing business applications and processes, and work on it, all while maintaining strict data governance. SurveyGizmo’s full-featured approach to surveys has impressed many tech-oriented developers, business owners, and webmasters who want to truly understand their customers. It provides tailored questions that can be used to dwell deeper into the mind of your audience to meet their goals and expectations.
SurveyGizmo won’t invoke its own layout upon your forms, so you remain in control of colours, layout types, sizes, links, everything that a custom design survey form would need. branding as it needs to be. Also, all data can be promoted through social media or business platforms for easier exposure and access.
- Give users unlimited responses at no additional cost.
- Their automatic reports give you clear, relevant visualizations of what people are telling you.
- SurveyGizmo also collects feedback for CX, employee feedback, market research, NPS, inventory control, risk assessment, VOC, and brand feedback surveys.
With a click-free dashboard, uninterrupted audience management and supportive integrations, SurveySparrow has gone the extra mile to keep user experience pleasant and effortless. It provides an end-to-end omnichannel conversational experience management platform that combines the power of a variety of surveys, automation & insights in a single platform. It is the world’s first survey software to offer both a conversational and form-like output, increasing the survey completion rate by 40%. It also aids you in evaluating and categorizing your respondents based on their answers using mathematical formulas of Expressions.
- Users can use the offline survey app to collect data even in the absence of the internet.
- Automate actions based on the survey triggers.
Also read: Best WordPress Security Plugins
With the riddle quiz maker, you can customize your questionnaires and brand your quizzes. It helps you to easily create and embed 15 types of quizzes, lists, surveys, and polls on your site. You can collect emails and user responses with their integrated lead generation form. The responses collected can be connected to your favorite email marketing tool like MailChimp for automatic follow up messages. It has a drag/drop form builder with 18 types of fields, including dropdowns, buttons, and hidden text/URLs.
- No learning curve required – create and embed your own mobile-friendly quizzes in just minutes.
- Automatically send signups to over 1,500 email and marketing software like MailChimp, Constant Contact, and HubSpot.
And there you have it! We hope by now, you have a clear idea as to the topic of WordPress Survey plugins. We believe that this article helped you find the best WordPress survey plugin that meets your website’s needs and helps you succeed in growing your business online. However, be careful to choose the ideal survey plugin depending on the type of business you are in, your goals and of course, your audience. Before finalising the survey plugin, make sure that it has seamless data collection, insightful reports, and recurring questionnaires.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
What is Online Survey?
It is a questionnaire that the target audience can complete over the Internet. It is a data collection source to gain insights and feedback about upcoming products or services, change in marketing strategies, enhancement in current features etc.
Why should you use Online Surveys?
Online Surveys are usually faster, more convenient, flexible, cheaper, more accurate, easy to conduct and yield quicker results.
Why should you use Survey Plugins?
A good survey plugin helps to make your form look aesthetically pleasing with an easy to use interface. These plugins also help to ensure maximum participation ensuring your survey is engaging, fun, and user-friendly.