If you have a business that requires appointments and reservations, it’s essential to find the best appointment booking WordPress plugin. Your website visitors should be able to book appointments without any hassles or else the business will go to your competitors. So in this article, we will share with you some of the best plugins that will surely transform your WordPress website into a functional online reservation system. But before that, we will look into why you should install an appointment booking plugin and the features you should keep in mind while deciding the plugin to use in your website.
- Why do you need a WordPress appointment booking plugin?
- Features to consider in a WordPress appointment booking plugin
- 1. Bookly
- 2. Simply Schedule Appointments – Booking Calendar
- 3. Amelia
- 4. Appointment Hour Booking
- 5. Booking Calendar
- 6. Easy Appointments
- 7. Booked
- 8. WP Simple Booking Calendar
- 9. BookingWP
- 10. Online Booking & Scheduling Calendar for WordPress
- 11. Booking calendar, Appointment Booking System
- 12. Appointment Booking Calendar
Why do you need a WordPress appointment booking plugin?
An appointment booking plugin will enable the customers to make their convenient appointments and syncs this information with your calendar. Thus it can be considered as an advanced scheduling and data management system that can make or mar your business. A good plugin should be able to assist you in the following ways.
- Increase operational efficiency
- Improve customer experience
- Get you a competitive advantage
- Make the booking process simpler and smoother
Features to consider in a WordPress appointment booking plugin
Deciding on an appointment booking plugin is not an easy task especially considering the number of such plugins available today. Before fixing a plugin for your website, look for the following features too. They will help you to find the best plugin apt for your business.
- Mobile-friendly interface
- User-friendly and highly customizable
- Excellent support from developers
- Options to make payments for appointments.
- Option to view and edit bookings online
- A customizable calendar
- Email notifications to both users and admins
So now let’s look at some of the best appointment booking plugins.
Bookly is a powerful appointment booking WordPress plugin with both free and paid versions. It has a fully responsive design enabling your booking forms to look perfect across desktops, tablets, and smartphones, and it comes with a powerful admin interface where you can manage the plugin easily. No coding experience is required to set up Bookly. You can change the layout and modify the appearance of the booking form to match your business, website, and branding, manage your services and the customers’ list. There is also built-in support for email and SMS notifications and Google Calendar integration along with being translation-ready.
- Easy to manage Customer list and Appointment Calendar online from the Admin panel.
- Can add as many booking forms on your website as you want.
- Add Unlimited services with additional settings and staff members with an individual working schedule
- Ability to purchase and use dozens of paid add-ons for deeper customization of your booking system
- Built-in analytics to see a comprehensive report about the number of bookings, customers and payments received
Also read: Top Video Player Embed Plugins
Simply Schedule Appointments is an easy-to-use, flexible, and beautiful plugin for accepting appointments online through your website. It is quick and simple to set up and easy for your customers and clients to book appointments. Their interactive setup wizard walks you setting up your booking form and placing it on your website in just under five minutes. You can easily limit how many daily appointments you accept and set the minimum time between appointments. You can also offer different types of appointments. Its responsive and intuitive interface is built using Vue.js and the WordPress REST API that helps to keep the plugin fast and efficient.
It offers 3 premium versions starting from $99 -Plus, Professional and Business. Depending on the plan you choose you’ll have access to Google Calendar integration, custom fields, webhooks, payments, email and SMS, analytics, and support from the developer.
- Fully responsive and will work easily on any device – even touch screens.
- Option to easily designate work holidays, birthdays, and other unique days that you wish to blackout your availability.
- Automated confirmation emails and SMS reminders.
- Accept Payments via PayPal and Stripe
- Real-Time Support via Zoom
- Integrate with other tools including Gravity Forms, LifterLMS, Formidable Forms, Divi, Elementor etc.
Amelia is an appointment booking WordPress plugin that allows you to set up a fully-featured automated booking system on your WordPress website. Amelia Lite is built with the newest Enterprise-level of technology and is easy to install and use. Amelia elements apply a single-page-app approach, work without page reloading, and all elements were designed with the mobile-first concept in mind – so all the admin and customer interfaces are perfectly responsive.
In addition to the free version of Amelia, there is a premium version that offers even more advanced functionality like SMS notifications, group bookings, and more.
- Keep customers and employees notified and reminded of their appointments in real-time with SMS notifications.
- Option to add Multiple employees with custom working hours and days off.
- Intuitive, calendar-based back end dashboard with comprehensive reporting and appointment management
- WooCommerce and Zoom integration along with Google and Outlook calendar synchronization.
Appointment Hour Booking is a freemium WordPress plugin for creating booking forms for appointments with a start time and a defined duration over a schedule. This plugin is useful for different cases like booking of medical services, personal training sessions, booking rooms for events, etc. This plugin integrates with Apple and Google calendar systems, so you can keep your schedule in order with ease.
The premium version of this plugin has a visual form builder, Addons for integration with external services like reCaptcha, WooCommerce and booking form connected to the payment process.
- Multiple services with their own prices and duration can be selected on each booking.
- Automatic price calculation.
- Customizable email notifications for administrators and users.
- Available times are managed automatically to avoid double-booking.
- Easy visual configuration of calendar data and schedules.
Also read: Best Countdown Timer Plugins for WordPress
Booking Calendar is the first booking system for WordPress. It is built to work out of the box, but you can still configure different settings to best fit your business workflow processes, and customize the form and calendar for a natural fit to your site design. Just activate it and insert a booking shortcode into the post or page and you are ready to receive new bookings. Most of the settings have predefined values and small descriptions.
Booking Calendar also has paid plans. Currently, they have 5 business plans each for Single Sites, Multisites, and Developer editions.
- All bookings and settings are stored in your database. You don’t need third party accounts.
- An easy to use Booking Admin Panel that displays bookings in Calendar Overview or Listing Table and lets you manage bookings.
- Sleek and customizable design of calendars, for fitting to your site design.
- Booking form and calendar support fully responsive design that looks great on any device.
- The plugin is widget ready so you can easily add a calendar or booking form to the site sidebar.
Easy Appointments is another popular appointment booking plugin that lets you quickly add booking appointments for multiple locations, services, and workers. As the name suggests, it is an easy way to add an appointments system to your WordPress site. It comes with a good number of features, but it’s also customizable with its Bootstrap-based layouts, custom fields, and bulk connections builder.
The pro version has even more features like iCalendar, Google Calendar with 2 way sync, Twilio SMS notifications, WooCommerce and PayPal integrations.
- Create unlimited front-end booking forms.
- Add flexible time tables to control availability.
- Send customizable email notifications to customers, administrators, and employees or Twilio SMS notifications to customers.
- Create your own custom form fields in a few clicks easily
Booked is a premium plugin available through CodeCanyon. It has plenty of features and even more customizable options. It has a powerful appointment management calendar from where you can manage your appointments. You can allow users to manage their pending and approved appointments, add custom fields and time slots, create multiple calendars, and accept paid bookings using Booked’s WooCommerce integration. There’s even an “Add to Google Calendar” option you can add to help customers remember their appointments.
- Appointment buffering to prevent appointments from getting booked too close to the current date and/or time.
- Custom Fields for collecting custom information for every appointment.
- Custom time slots for vacation/closed dates and more.
- Impressive built-in shortcodes so that you can pretty much place a booking calendar anywhere on your website.
- Option for guest booking without registration – just provide a name and email address to book an appointment.
WP Simple Booking Calendar is a simple lightweight appointment booking WordPress plugin. It only allows your customers to book an appointment for the whole day instead of booking hourly. Therefore, it is basically designed for businesses that have services to offer such as accommodation, room booking, or other per day offerings.
The free version of this plugin allows you to create one calendar while with the premium version you can create an unlimited number of calendars.The premium version also gives you access to themes and several technical settings you can configure.
- Sync your calendars with Airbnb, Booking.com, HomeAway and other sites that support iCal.
- Language translation options using PO files.
- Bulk editor to edit multiple dates with one click.
- Hide booking history from your visitors.
- Generate a shortcode to display the booking calendar on a page or post.
Also read: Best Email Opt-In WordPress Plugins
BookingWP offers tons of options to help you provide flexible booking options to your clients as well as give you enhanced control over the entire appointment taking process. This includes the option to create custom form fields, dedicated calendars for each staff member, tons of availability rules to set off-days, breaks, and much more. The plugin is also optimized to work with all major WordPress themes and support all popular WooCommerce plugins.
If you want to use the plugin on a single website, then a single year subscription would be $89. Using it on up to 5 websites would cost $129/year. And finally, the 25 website license is $299/year.
- It is built on WooCommerce so you can use all WooCommerce features and extensions, without compromising your shop’s integrity.
- Plugin is very simple to use and install and requires no programming knowledge.
- Available time slots are automatically converted to vistior’s timezone.
- Appointments plugin is fully integrated with the WordPress and WooCommerce REST API.
- Allow you customers to cancel or reschedule their appointments without your assistance.
Online Booking & Scheduling Calendar for WordPress offers a self-service scheduling software for online sessions, 1-on-1 appointments, group events and classes. It is designed for service professionals and appointment-based businesses. With this plugin, businesses of any size can accept bookings & payments 24/7 and manage their clients, schedule, and team from one centralized dashboard. From beauty Salons to business consultants, therapists and personal trainers, it fits any business.
They also have a mobile app so that you can respond to customers in real-time. Their paid plans are based on team size and also allows a free trial period of 14 days for you to test it out.
- Personalized branding and online appearance.
- Can conduct online meetings via Zoom, schedule phone conference calls or meet clients face to face.
- Sell multiple services in one booking by inviting clients to purchase package deals at a special price.
- Advanced analytics and export options.
- Offer online services via Zoom.
- Accept secure online payments through PayPal, Square or Stripe.
Booking calendar, Appointment Booking System is a booking plugin developed by WpDevArt. This is a great plugin for businesses who only need customers to book appointments or reservations with the business, not specific employees. This is because it doesn’t have features that allow you to add employees or services. Although you can’t add services in the same way you would with the other plugins on this list, you can add extras and assign different prices and quantities to them. “Adults” and “Children” are added as extras by default.
It comes in free and premium versions with the premium version having multiple packages. The packages start from $30.
- Unlimited forms and extras.
- Ability to send email notifications to user and administrator after book request submitted or approved or rejected.
- Ability to add unlimited text, checkbox, select and TextArea fields to the Form.
- Google reCAPTCHA support.
- Ability to change date format and weekdays format.
Also read: Best Dropbox WordPress Plugins
Appointment Booking Calendar is an appointment calendar plugin for accepting online bookings from a set of available time-slots in a calendar. The booking form is linked to a PayPal payment process. You can use it to accept bookings for medical consultation, classrooms, events, transportation and other activities where a specific time from a defined set must be selected, allowing you to define the maximum number of bookings that can be accepted for each time-slot.
To remove the PayPal link and also to access more features, you have to subscribe to their premium plans. Currently, they have 3 paid plans – Professional, Developer and Platinum.
- It’s one of the only WordPress booking plugins with a free PayPal integration.
- Includes captcha validation for preventing spam from the appointment calendar form.
- The appointment calendar has a printable list of bookings.
- Multi-page calendar to show many months at once.
- The custom can book many time-slots at once if allowed in the settings.
There are lots of appointment booking plugins in the market today. We hope with the list we have shared, you will be able to zero in on the plugin that is best suited for your business. Also, let us know if you are using a plugin other than the ones we shared here. If you have any more questions about booking plugins, just post them in the comments section and we will get back to you.