Showcasing testimonials on your website can help build trust in your visitors and thus improve your online revenue by increasing sales. Any page builder plugin or even Gutenberg can help you add testimonials but if you want to tap into the full potential of social proof, then your answer is the testimonial plugins.
It all started in 1995 when the eCommerce giant Amazon introduced public product reviews shocking everyone. Many were sceptical and dismissive about the move. But today one cannot even imagine making online purchases without checking for reviews from other customers.
A testimonial WordPress plugin allows you to share your customers’ views about your product with the world without having to type a single line of code. These plugins also come with beginner-friendly back-end interfaces. Any website that sells any kind of product should definitely include a testimonial section.
We know there are so many testimonial plugins out there confusing you, but don’t worry. We have gathered the best ones here. So read on!
- 1. Strong Testimonials
- 2. Thrive Ovation
- 3. Testimonial Pro
- 4. Testimonial Slider
- 5. WP Testimonials with Rotator Widget
- 6. Testimonials Showcase
- 7. Super Testimonials
- 8. Stars Testimonials
- 9. Quick and Easy Testimonials
- 10. WP Customer Reviews
- 11. Testimonials Showcase WordPress Plugin
- 12. Excited WordPress Testimonials Plugin — Testimonials Slider
Strong Testimonials is very easy to use and thus great for beginners and non-technical WordPress users. In just a few steps, you can collect and publish your testimonials or reviews. This freemium plugin uses shortcodes and widgets to display testimonials. It provides a few designs with only basic style options for background colour and font colour. Everything else will be inherited from your theme. Paid plans start from $14/website for a year.
- The “View” feature enables you to create numerous testimonial carousels, lists, and grids with a custom look and functionality for each. It contains all the options in a simple, intuitive editor.
- You can import reviews from Facebook, Google My Business, Yelp, Zomato and WooCommerce
- You can create multiple forms to collect testimonials from your website visitors and customers for different types of products on your website.
- Captcha anti-spam form protection
- Schema markup for SEO.
Thrive Ovation, the premium plugin from Thrive Themes, claims to be the ultimate all-in-one testimonial plugin. It also boasts of being the first “set and forget” testimonial plugin for WordPress. It allows any business, no matter the size or stage, to tap into the power of testimonials. You’ll be able to gather and manage testimonials from within your website and display them with the click of a button. Thrive Ovation is available as part of the Thrive Suite Membership and costs $19/month yearly.
- Thrive Ovation comes with a library of grids, sliders or stand-alone templates.
- You can insert testimonials immediately with Thrive Architect or you can generate shortcodes.
- Testimonials generated can be dynamically updated.
- Can add tags to your testimonials to easily filter and find the one that fits your needs in seconds.
- Integrations to import testimonials from social media.
Testimonial helps to display testimonials, reviews or quotes in multiple ways on any page or widget. It comes with an easy Shortcode Generator settings panel that can help you build awesome and unique testimonials showcase with responsive layouts and customizable styles on your website. Pro plan starts from $39 for one site/year.
- Fully responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Extremely user-friendly settings panel for coders and non-coders alike.
- Multiple layouts including Slider, Grid, Masonry, Isotope Filter, and List
- Lightbox functionality for video testimonials.
- More than 10 fully customizable and professionally designed themes to choose from.
Testimonial Slider is a fully responsive and mobile-friendly plugin to display your clients’ testimonials with around 30 layouts. It features custom colours and multiple transitions to assist you in creating the most elegant showcase possible for your client feedback. It allows front end submission and fields control. You can also choose the number of testimonials per page. Pro plan starts from $17 for one site/year.
- Unlimited shortcode generator.
- Can display posts by any taxonomy like category, tag.
- Captcha anti-spam protection.
- Desktop, tab and mobile display control feature.
- Pagination and widget supported.
Also read: Best Instagram Plugins For WordPress
WP Testimonials with Rotator Widget enables you to add and display multiple testimonials on your website along with posting the author info, images, pictures, jobs, URL, position, etc. It flawlessly complements your favourite themes like Avada, DIVI etc and page builders like Gutenberg, WPbakery, Beaver, Elementor etc and is highly compatible with other plugins too for a smooth web development experience. The pro pack is available as part of the Essential Plugin Bundle.
- Allows you to choose between 15+ designs that perfectly complement your website theme.
- Fully responsive and touch-based slider.
- Can display testimonials category-wise
- Testimonial front-end form.
Testimonials Showcase can help you display testimonials, reviews or quotes in multiple ways. There are 5 built-in theme options. The premium plugin only makes use of CSS and font icons to build the layouts so it will be retina ready. It is also translation-friendly. If you want the administration of the plugin in another language, you just need to create your own language files. Using the plugin, you can create customer testimonials, product reviews, case studies, and much more. It is available in CodeCanyon for $19.
- Collect feedback directly from the website using the front-end submission form.
- Choose from grid and slider layouts with 15 customization options.
- Rich Snippets/Structured Data compatible.
- Advanced Shortcode Generator, with advanced query options.
- Gravatar compatible, if no featured image is set.
Super Testimonials is an easy to use WordPress plugin that allows users to add testimonials to the sidebar, widget or to embed testimonials into a Page or Post using a generated shortcode. It features four testimonial design templates. For each testimonial, you can add a rating, featured image, company information and more. The pro version costs only $14 for an unlimited license.
- Fully responsive for all devices and also has a touch-swipe feature enabled.
- Show all testimonials via a shortcode.
- Supports unlimited testimonials per page.
- 100+ ready shortcodes
- Widget Ready.
Also read: Best WordPress Social Media Share Plugins
With Star Testimonials, you can easily add WordPress testimonials to your website. Once you’ve created a testimonial using the plugin, you can select its layout and style. In the free version, you can add up to 5 testimonials and choose from one of five styles. It works great with WordPress page builders including Elementor, Divi, Visual Composer, WPBakery, Gutenberg, and more. Paid plans start from $19/year for 1 website.
- Create an unlimited amount of testimonials
- Create a testimonials widget with the shortcode builder and no coding.
- Control which testimonials are shown and which aren’t.
- You can also create a direct link for testimonials submission.
- GDPR compliant.
Quick and Easy Testimonials plugin provides a quick and easy way to add testimonials to your WordPress website. It uses a custom post type to display your testimonials. It inherits the styles from your theme, including testimonials text and links styles. The plugin uses shortcodes to display testimonials on your WordPress website and is compatible with the Visual Composer plugin.
- Displays testimonials in a simple and centre-aligned style
- Easy to add testimonials using custom post type
- Translation ready and comes with related pot and po files.
- Works fine with RTL (Right to Left) languages as styles are centre-aligned.
WP Customer Reviews allows you to set up a specific page on your website for collecting customer testimonials and displays them in a simple and attractive way that is compatible with the Schema.org microformat so they are also SEO friendly. CSS can be modified to style the testimonials to your requirements. This free plugin can be used on more than one page and can be used on posts. It works well with caching plugins and custom themes too.
- Completely customizable, including which fields to ask for, require, and show.
- All submissions are moderated, which means that you choose which reviews get shown.
- Multiple anti-spam measures to prevent automated spambots from submitting reviews.
- Fast and lightweight, even including the star rating image.
- Reviews can be edited by the admin for content and date.
Also read: Best WordPress CRM Plugins for your Business
Testimonials Showcase WordPress plugin is a premium plugin with the main purpose of building awesome testimonials showcase on your website or blog. It is a great option to display and manage your testimonials as a responsive grid or as a dynamic slider. You have multiple special themes and effects that will help you to show your testimonials in so many different ways without any line of code. All you need to do is to generate the shortcode selecting your desired options to display, pick a favourite theme and select a predefined colour. It is available in the CodeCanyon marketplace for $18.
- 10 Predefined responsive themes
- Rich Snippets integrated
- Characters custom limit option
- Multiple slider pagination themes
- WordPress shortcode generator
Excited WordPress Testimonials is an advanced plugin that comes with many useful features and one that’s most suitable for web designers and developers. The plugin is packed with a flexible testimonial builder, rating submission form, various design layouts and absolute freedom on styling. It’s possible to craft almost any design you can imagine. The plugin works great out of the box and is very easy to use. Available for $25 from CodeCanyon.
- Absolute freedom on design customization including colours, font settings, spacings, arrangement of elements etc.
- Submission form with an approval system that can be placed anywhere with its own shortcode.
- Profile sliding panels with 5 themes and WordPress native visual/HTML editor.
- Use the front-end submission form to gather user feedback
- Opt-in for Mailchimp list.
We hope that we have helped you to choose the best testimonial plugin for your website to impress the visitors. If you are using any other testimonial plugins, please let us know in the comments below. And to get more WordPress updates straight in your inbox, please subscribe to our weekly Newsletter.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we shared. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.